- Artist and co-founder of rednile Projects Ltd and manages its North East programme. My interests help to drive rednile’s direction therefore the majority of my practice/art work is delivered as part of rednile’s projects, and often involve creating collaborative pieces with the other rednile artist/founders. Working as an artist, project manager, curator and director for rednile since 2005 has provided me with a wide skill set and a good understanding of the arts sector, particularly in relation to the value of art within regeneration and the public realm.
- In November 2011, I returned from Northern Highlands of Peru after a 5 week research residency in collaboration with Sam Taylor at Sachaqa Arts Centre. The residency was part of our international knowledge sharing project Transporter funded by Arts Council England. It involved exploring sustainable arts practises, eco led art movements, learning from local artisans and the initiation and delivery of art event ‘Lamas Sin Fronteras’ which incorporated a rednile Factory Night event. The next phase involves a residency in Berlin at Kunst Stoffe.
- 2010. Freelance Project assistant/curator as part of the VARC 10th Birthday event
- 2009-2011. Freelance part-time position within Redcar and Cleveland Council Arts Development coordinating the delivery of the Arts Award and working with the Arts Officer on public art policy and commissioning, arts education and events.
- 2009-2010. Company secretary for Lighthouse (formally NSA Studios Ltd) a studio complex and gallery in North Shields providing affordable studio space to creative practitioners.
- 2008-2009. Awarded one year bursary and placement on Arts Management programme in Tees Valley working within Local Authority and arts organisations.
- 2005-2008 worked in Communications and Sales Team at A-N The Artists Information Company.
- 2007- Residency at Cyprus College of Art, Larnaca.
- 2004 Graduated with BA (Hons) Fine Art from Duncan of Jordanstone Art College, Dundee.
Interested in: Collaboration, integrated public art, grass roots arts activity, folk art, outsider art, Brutalist architecture, Bauhaus movement, paper engineering, modular origami, paper collage, paper making, urban psychology, concrete, perspex, household paints, skill sharing, patterns and geometry, clever design, colour theory, symbols and motifs, sustainible arts practice, collecting natural pigments, pottery and clay work, indigenous crafts and skills from around the world, reusing materials, recycling packaging, model making and architectural models and drawings.